Today the homeowner has so many possibilities to choose kitchen countertop is difficult to make a decision. The materials that can be made countertops cover a variety including synthetic glass, laminate, plastic, ceramics, artificial stone and others; in most cases, providers try to make a product that looks like natural stone. Even within the natural stone it can choose from granite, marble, slate, soapstone, limestone and stone tablets. Buy online Granite kitchen countertops clarksville md from http://unitedgranitemd.com.
In today's market, the granite is usually the preferred option, and represents 35 to 45% of demand from buyers. The advantages are numerous and granite, being natural stone, variations in color, veining and movement make every countertop is a single piece.
Buyers find that granite is easy to maintain and even put hot dishes from the oven to the counter, which is not necessarily recommended, but it would be unthinkable in the case of a top of another material. Another advantage is that granite stone is a "green product", which means it is environmentally friendly and recyclable. It's always cool to the touch because it does not transmit heat and is a good insulator product. Adds economic value to the home and colors that no other product can offer. Nothing is better than granite for a kitchen countertop and is very difficult to scratch or spoil.
If some granites stain is because they have not been sealed properly, and have manipulated acids or oily products on the surface without having protected the stone. The stone requires minimal maintenance and should be cleaned after use with water and mild soap. We must protect countertops as if it were a beautiful mahogany table we want to last us a lifetime. There are products to clean the stone, hold and seal regularly. Anyone can keep a granite countertop if information is provided on how to do.
Today there are hundreds of varieties of granite to choose from, as well as a wide range of colors, designs and finishes. Many providers may even offer long-term savers with guarantees to use your stone.
How can we choose granite and select a stone to our kitchen?
Many methods are used. Some people choose a designer to coordinate and design the kitchen cabinets, and granite installation. Others prefer to do it themselves. Before choosing a stone, the buyer needs to be educated on granite in general and is also important that the supplier or manufacturer-installer is skilled in the art. You can choose granite visiting a factory or a producer, or visiting a distribution warehouse there granite and select tables, or you can choose from a store from small samples of the stone. It is recommended to know something about the granite and buy it as if to buy a car. We show below some ideas for this selection process.
1. Many of the granites offered and selected have streaks. Architects and designers often choose for their buildings a more commercial rock that has no designs on granite but that is consistent grain structure. For countertops, however, many buyers want variation, multicolored, veins and movement. To achieve this, select the general color you want to limit the choice of what fits their installations, walls, appliances, flooring and overall design. Visit various showrooms and distributors to see what they can offer, since there are always two sites have the same offer. Once you choose from a small sample stone that interests you, then at least three choices when you go and limiting the field, insist on seeing the entire table of these materials. This will open your eyes and you will see yourself asking is this the same stone I saw in the showroom? You will see movements and a balance or imbalance in the table where one end may have all color and streaks liked them and the other end does not have them. It is important to have a balance.
2. You need to know how granite is needed before buying. If possible, bring your plans with them, and thus can even design how each of the parts of the counter would once cut the table. In some cases it will be necessary to make L-shaped pieces and it is important how you design them. I just did a kitchen in which the manufacturer made the L-shape from a continuous table, so that by making the board felt it was a single piece of stone. When I searched and selected tables, I chose three or four tables considering them to keep a balance between them in color, streaks, etc., so that no matter how they were to be cut and the design remain in the center of the counter. Most countertops are 62.5 cm deep, but the tables are 125 cm high, therefore a table by leaving two long, so I needed to know if evenly matched top of one of them with the bottom of the other. For the longest parts of the island, I made sure that the cuts are made where I told the manufacturer that wanted and I agreed with him to do exactly what I wanted. I made sure that the place had to be cut to couple the appliances was at the table where I wanted it to be. This takes time, but it is worth spending time and money to get what you want
3. Some colors are more problematic than others. The white granite and very black granites show more imperfections and scratches than other colors. Many are not genuine absolute black granite and contain quartz that protects wear countertops. These stones require more care and maintenance to be used. Make sure the manufacturer will provide any information on how to care for your countertop and ask the dealer. The more information you have, the better.
4. Edges and thickness of the stone. Personally, I think that the best tops are 3 cm thick, and do not cost much more than 2 cm, but add a perspective that 2 cm cannot. Sometimes the manufacturer will suggest using a table of 2 cm 2 cm and put other laminate and have an end edge 4 cm. Okay, but look at examples of this work and ensure that accepts the size of the board, the color used to glue the board and how will the corners. The corners are also important and I think it is advisable to round them. Finally, we must look at the designs of the edges or profiles, as there are many to choose from, more than 20. Some manufacturers will show only 2O 3, but there are many others you may prefer and each has a different cost. It depends on your budget and design. Ask to see some examples of profiles in the color you have chosen and, if necessary, ask to make a sample profile for you. Use this sample to control the work and to choose other colors you require for your kitchen.
Some of the most common countertop edges
5. Make sure you have chosen the tables are to be used and the manufacturer's control. Take pictures of the tables, numbering them mark each photo and design manufacturer wants the court how, as surely he will want to tell you how to do it or will simply tell who will take care and that you know what you want. The key factor knows who you can trust. Now you can set the price of the counter and the time it will take to install.
6. Choice of finishing top. Traditionally, polished finish has been chosen by the buyers, but now designers tend to honed or textured finish to avoid glare and harmonize more with the finish of the furniture. My personal taste leans toward a countertop with a combination of brushing and rubbing down slightly, which creates a pleasant texture, which is still smooth enough for a glass container can be moved easily over the surface without easily tip over.
7. Granite prices are reasonable and now compete with most other products offered. In the same way that you choose the stone, you should choose the manufacturer, and note that prices can vary by 40% of each other. Be sure to see examples of their work, photographs, get recommendations from other customers who have worked with that provider, check their credibility and whether complaints have been filed against him. Make sure the surface is clean the hob after installation, so you can check for damage. Many types of granite have small cracks on the surface and you need to know that this is natural in stone and should have seen them in the tables when selected if was close enough, and he should have given the seller. It should spare no effort in choosing the manufacturer / installer, since this is the key factor and granite as the main component of your kitchen becomes the center of attention once it's all done.
8. Make sure the furniture supply company knows you are using a granite countertop and what is its thickness, since it is responsible for giving adequate support and structure to support the weight of granite. Check with the manufacturer of granite where you are cutting the hole for the sink or kitchen and if you are leaving enough to the front margin and the bottom, which may be only 5 cm, and sufficient reinforcement to prevent breakage after a few years of use or kitchen sink and to hold additional weights, as these areas are fragile stone. Many buyers purchase made plans including granite design to ensure that everything is done the right way.
Recommendations after the election
Make sure you have a written record of all that has been treated, the choice has been made and, where appropriate, the agreed special instructions.
Make sure the granite company that is making your countertop known selection, range, plans, profiles, corners, leveled, and who knows to work planning, monitoring the cutting tolerances, the sub-tops, if they are necessary, the colors of gaskets, seals and extensions where the top protrudes from furniture such as bars or eating areas, and the extra support furniture company need to do to hold these extensions.
Put in writing not want repaired with glue, chips, cracks, scratches, nicks of certain dimensions material because some very fine are normal in stone. Often there are small cracks in the surface of the stone; after the stone is installed; decides in this case with its manufacturer written what type of seal is more convenient and if surface or impregnating and how to maintain that granite for years.
Care: Countertops resinated. Many countertops are covered with a resin on the surface of the tables to help hide certain natural imperfections in the stone. Usually it is an automatic process, but sometimes done by hand. In many cases this is a surface treatment and can cause the edges of the stone when cut and finish is not fit 100% with the surface of the counter, or color (may darken slightly when applied the resin) or polished. Ask if your table is resinated to ask the manufacturer to show you examples of their work profiles to see the difference. It is more difficult to assess the integrity of granite when the table has been resinated. This same resin caused problems when applying a protective stone or joints, causing stains in some cases. If you are using resin-stone for outdoor kitchens make sure that the resin used is not affected by ultraviolet rays.
Do not use abrasive on your granite countertop for maintenance. Use only water and mild soap, and clean it immediately after use, not hours later. Periodically reseal the stone. There is some recommended market for granite cleaners. If the hob is properly installed and maintained, it will last longer than any other countertop market, since the life of the granite countertops typically more than 50 years. Click here to know more about Granite kitchen countertops clarksville md.